Don't dis the coiffure. Posted Friday, September 30, 2005, 7:46PM by Beefy
BoBoBo-Bo Bo-BoBo Short Promo
What have I gotten myself into? Posted Sunday, September 25, 2005, 10:58PM by Beefy
"Please (insert deity), don't let me mess this up.
Naruto Short Promo
Teen Titans Season 5 Short Promo
And from Tyler:
Zatch Bell Fall 2005 Promo
One Piece Fall 2005 Promo
Update by Tyler a few minutes later: Beefy? Who's Beefy? Uh oh wtf hax!!1
Beefy's been a huge help in the past, providing a lot of intros and endings, and he's volunteered (yeah. of his own free will) to bring more of the goodness you've come to expect from an all-volunteer non-profit niche-market multimedia website.
Welcome Beefy to the TDA Network!
Update by Pepito: Ha! I have hacked your server and created a new user named Beefy through which I can enact my evil plans of world domination!
Update by Zogg the next day: Did somebody say hax? Time to take down the server and decontaminate it! Punk kids and their haxing...
Wait, he's SUPPOSED to be here? Well, welcome aboard then.
They say this cat Bobobo is a baaaad mutha-- Posted Saturday, September 17, 2005, 8:33PM by TylerL
Shut your mouth.
Bobobo first promo
Can you dig it?
Naruto Premieres with Real Ultimate Power! Posted Tuesday, September 13, 2005, 5:42PM by nobuyuki
"U.S. Premiere of Top-rated Japanese Program Posts Big Increases Among Target Kids 6-11 and Tweens 9-14
The highly anticipated U.S. premiere of well-known Japanese anime series Naruto (Saturday, 9 p.m.) carved double-digit ratings and delivery gains among Cartoon Networkâ€™s targeted kids 6-11 and tweens 9-14 demos, according to Nielsen Media Research. The compelling series that centers around Uzumaki Naruto, a rebellious ninja-in-training, rightfully took its place as a new anchor for Cartoon Networkâ€™s TOONAMI, a signature action-adventure franchise that plays Saturday nights from 7-11 p.m. (ET/PT).
(You will want to click ""Read More"" for the numbers!)
Highlights of Narutoâ€™s performance vs. the same time period over the last four weeks on Cartoon Network include the following:
Naruto (Saturdays, 9 p.m.)
- Tweens 9-14 delivery (572,000) increased by 20% and ratings (2.3) by 21%.
- Kids 6-11 delivery (575,000) expanded by 15% and ratings (2.4) by 14%.
- Tween boys 9-14 delivery (443,000) and ratings (3.5) both surged by 25%.
- Boys 6-11 delivery (432,000) jumped by 16% and ratings (3.5) by 17%.
The Saturday night replay of Naruto (10 p.m.) was the highest-rated program of the week on Cartoon Network with tweens 9-14 (2.8/700,000) and tween boys 9-14 (4.7/594,000).
Naruto is an adaptation of the popular manga series Naruto created by Masahi Kishimoto. Cartoon Network acquired 52 episodes of the anime series about an orphan 12-year-old who trains to become a respected master ninja, unaware that his body houses the evil spirit of the Nine Tailed Fox which had ravaged his home town and now offers special powers that must be controlled. The series already has a huge fan base in the U.S. through DVD sales and bootleg tapes, having first aired in Japan and Asia in 2002. Its debut on Cartoon Network will mark the first time the series has been shown in English.
Episode titles for Teen Titans Season 5 Revealed? Posted Monday, September 12, 2005, 10:40AM by Nobuyuki
" Titansgo.net reportedly has titles for 8 of the 13 new Teen Titans episodes set to premiere this fall, with additional plot information for 6 of the 8.
(Click ""Read More"" for titles and plots, as reported by them)
- 501/502 - ""Homecoming"" (Parts 1 & 2): it was recently reported by Comics Continuum that Season Five opens with a two-parter featuring Beast Boy and the Doom Patrol (Mento, Elasti-girl, Robotman, Negative Man). We've been told that ""Homecoming"" will be the title for both these parts.
- 503 - ""Trust""
- 504 - ""For Real"": revealed by IMDB way back in March to feature a new villain named Le Blanc (based off French thief Le Blanc of the 1960s Teen Titans series), Control Freak, Titans East, and Silkie.
- 505 - ""Snowblind"": reported by Animation Insider to introduce Red Star, a new Titan who hails from Russia. Red Star dates back to the 1960s Teen Titans series, and wields power he received from a mysterious alien craft that crash-landed in his country.
- 506 - ""Kole"": we've been told that this episode features (well, clearly) new Titan Kole. As hinted at during San Diego Comic-Con, expect her to be accompanied by Gnarrk, another new Titan. Both Kole and Gnarrk hail from classic Teen Titans stories: In the comics, Kole's ability to form crystalline objects from thin air resulted from her parents' experiments, which her father ran in order to bestow humankind with a way to resist nuclear devastation. Kole eventually died during the DC Universe crossover event ""Crisis on Infinite Earths"", in which other classic DC characters met their demise (most notably the first Supergirl). Gnarrk was a regular prehistoric caveman who was accidentally transported to the Titans' present time. He became close to a psychic Titan named Lilith (who he ended up marrying), and eventually learned how to live among civilized society with help from the team. Sounds crazy, we know. We can't wait to see these two either.
- 507 - ""Hide and Seek""
- 508 - ""Lightspeed"": we reported way back in May that ""Lightspeed"" will introduce the much anticipated Kid Flash, a Titan gifted with super-speed. Kid Flash was one of the original ""Fab Five"" from the 1960s series and co-founded the first Teen Titans team. We had word that ""it should be very obvious which Kid Flash it is, much more so than Robin"". So for this Kid Flash's identity, tune in when ""Lightspeed"" airs.
At least I still visited every day. Posted Saturday, September 10, 2005, 9:16PM by TylerL
"What are you talking about? I've been constantly updating.
Naruto started today.
Naruto First Promo
Naruto Mini Toonami Intro
Naruto US Intro
All where it should be.
You didn't forget, did you?
Update by Tyler two months later: Teen Titans Season 5 Promo also online.
Listen to what The Man says: New Sean Akins interview! Posted Wednesday, September 7, 2005, 3:41PM by Nobuyuki
" GATV has a new streaming audio interview (approximately 25 minutes long) with Toonami head honcho Sean Akins talking about the new Fall schedule, primarily covering Naruto and IGPX, but also touching on Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo and the success of Zatch Bell and One Piece on our favorite block.
Hmm Posted Tuesday, September 6, 2005, 2:19PM by Zogg
"Well, the site is quasi-operational again. Silly domain name expiration stuff. Grrr. All well, we'll see where we go from here.
Update from Zogg: Apparently we go to fully-operational with the old domain name. I'm impressed with how fast DNS changes seem to have propogated. (Different ISP mileages may vary, however.) Anyway, it is good to server back online!